What We Believe
It can be very helpful to understand the basic theological assumptions a church is built on. Below is our Statement of Faith. Everyone is encouraged to join us regardless of your agreement with this statement.
- The Valley View Church stands firmly in the center of historic Christian teaching. We affirm the Apostles’and Nicene Creeds, which reflect Christian orthodoxy and the clear teaching of the Bible.
- We believe that THE BIBLE in its entirely is God’s word. The Old and New Testament Scriptures are divinely inspired, truthful, authoritative, and infallible in matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in ONE TRUE AND LIVING GOD, eternally existing in three persons, equal in power and glory: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
- We believe in THE FATHER, an infinite, personal spirit – perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, goodness, mercy, justice, and love. We believe that he involves himself actively in human affairs, that he hears and answers prayers, and that he saves from sin and death all who come to him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in THE SON, JESUS CHRIST, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to a virgin. We believe that Jesus is fully God and fully man. He is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of being. He is the perfect model of humanity as God intended it to be. We believe in his miracles, teachings, and sinless life; his substitutionary atoning death; his bodily resurrection; and his ascension into heaven.
- We believe that when Jesus first came to earth he inaugurated the fulfillment of the KINGDOM OF GOD. He is living and sovereign Messiah King, advancing God’s reign throughout every generation and throughout the whole earth today.
- We believe in THE HOLY SPIRIT, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide, and that he indwells every believer in Jesus Christ. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and the exercise of all the biblical gifts of the spirit.
- We believe in one baptism of the Holy Spirit for salvation and gifting s.
- We believe that all PEOPLE are created in the image of God; this secures and establishes their value. Yet all people are also sinners by nature and choice, and are therefore under condemnation. We believe that God forgives, regenerates, and makes righteous those who repent of their sins and place their full faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- We believe that SALVATION is a gift of grace from God, received by faith and yielding new, abundant, and eternal life.
- We believe in the CHURCH universal, the living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. Filled with the Spirit of God, centered on the Son of God, and declaring by word and deed the praises of Father God, the church exists wholly for the glory and pleasure of its loving God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ORDINANCES to the church for believers: baptism and communion.
- We believe in the personal, visible RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST to earth and the consummation of his Kingdom, and a post tribulation rapture of His church.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body and the final judgment of both the living and the dead.
- We believe in the eternal punishment of the unrighteous, who will be separated forever from the presence of God. And we believe in the eternal blessing of the righteous, who will be united forever with the God who loves them and has redeemed them. At the end of time, God will reign in glory over a new heaven and a new earth, recreated by his might power, where he will be forever worshiped, enjoyed and loved.
- We believe that God instituted monogamous marriage between one genetic male and one genetic female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Accordingly, this ministry will not perform any marriage ceremonies between two individuals of the same sex.